Friday, April 4, 2008

Verizon FIOS - Verizon SMIOS

Now that they have installed the new cable outlet, sans faceplate, I found my televisions do not turn on when I turn on the cable box. As a matter of fact they turn on when I turn off the cable box, and then turn off when I turn on the cable box. A little screwy - sure it is. I called for the set in my living room, thinking that had been the only one effected, and it took about 15 or 20 minutes for the person at Verizon to figure out how to have me correct it. Did you get that - I had to correct it! It cost me money today to have a new outlet installed, sans face plate, and they screw things up, now I have to do this and that a number of times with the remote, and the cable box, and the television, to get them synchronized so they turn off and on together. As if one set was not bad enough, now this is on all three sets that we have hooked up to the FIOS. So I guess I'll have to call them again, and reset each of the other two sets.

Now you may be wondering, will Verizon take anything off of the amount they are going to charge me for the install today. Well, I am wondering the same thing. You can bet your bottom dollar that it is a sure thing I am going to make an inquiry about just that when I call them to get the other two boxes synchronized with their respective TV sets. As a matter of fact you can safely bet that I will insist they take off a nice chunk of change on the cost of the install since they left me with this can of worms. And me the big jerk, I gave each of the installers a tip before they left! What a waste of money that was; it sort of sours me to the idea of ever giving a worker in my home a tip again, especially someone from FIOS.

All the best,
GB

No comments: