Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Extra Money Should Equal A New Gun..

...or so I had presumed when I received some cash for Christmas. I had $250 in cash and a $40 gift card at Dick's Sporting Goods. I figured for sure I would buy myself a new rifle, but I am the great procrastinator and one of the worst squirrels around. I just do not know how to cache away my acorns in order to buy something later. Instead of saving I piss it away on all sorts of junk - maybe a bottle of spirits, or some sweets, or lunch out with the guys at work, or on stuff for the house, or whatever. The next thing I know and it is all gone. Well this time it is not all spent, at least not yet anyhow. I have about $200 if I spend it all at Dick's, and about $160 to spend elsewhere. That may not be much, but think I have another hundred or two somewhere else if I can find it. What a poor stash of cash for a married man.. Hopefully that will do to allow me to purchase something practical like a bolt action in .308. I am still thinking of a Mossberg or a Savage. If not one of them, then a military surplus rifle from one of the online vendors, something I can buy direct with my curios and relics license.

If I can make it until this coming weekend with the same amount of money, I will have to pay a visit to Dick's Sporting Goods to see what they have in the gun racks. If I spend any more of it before then, well I'll just have to go online and look for another SKS or a Mosin Nagant M44, or something like one of them. I just gotta save, gotta save, gotta save....

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: