Saturday, December 8, 2007

Regular Deer Season - One More Day Left To Hunt...

...and if I get my act together, get some work done around the house; then get to bed early enough, in order to wake up by about 0400 - I may just take a ride upstate to get in a few hours of frustration. Better that than working though. A nice walk through the woods, sitting on my stand (never quite figured that one out, you would think one has to stand on a stand), enjoying the sights and sounds of the forest in the very late fall - not really frustrating at all, that is unless I see a 12 pointer and don't get a shot. Heck I am not worrying about missing, I'd hate to see one and not be able to shoot for whatever reason. It has happened before and will again. Then again, this year I have not even seen more than a flash of white tail in the woods, so tomorrow maybe, just maybe... Who can tell.

Well I can tell one thing, if I don't get my behind in gear tonight and get some chores done, none of that will happen tomorrow. I can tell you one other thing too now that I think of it, I'll be debating, with myself, which gun to take as I get my work done tonight. I have a choice between the Remington 870, with rifle sights, or the Marlin 336 scoped. Decisions, decisions.......

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: