Monday, September 10, 2007

Good Eats...

...are just about all I can think about right now both because I am watching (yes as I type) Zimmern & Bourdain: New York, and because I started my daily intake with a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, followed tonight by a couple of liters of Movie-Prep (no that is not something you do before watching a movie, at least not if you want to watch it uninterrupted by your having to get up often). Off to the doc's tomorrow for some scoping from both ends - oh joy that it will be. Well yes, actually it will be a joy if they figure out what had been ailing me. It will also be a joy because I won't be drinking this ass blaster fuel anymore. Most of all though, it will be a joy because tomorrow, after the tests, I can eat again. I have not eaten since last night, and while I am not starving, watching this show has certainly fired up my appetite. I am going to buy myself one heck of a nice piece of meat tomorrow. Maybe it will be a Porterhouse Steak, maybe some ribs, maybe lamb chops, maybe roast duck - but for sure whatever it is - it will be a nice piece of cooked meat that I use to satisfy my appetite. There may be some side dishes like a salad, some clams on the half-shell, or even some octopus, along with a piece or two of good black bread, or Lithuanian Rye bread (not your packaged bread at all), or Corn Rye bread (and maybe a shot of Corn Whiskey) but the main dish, the really huge part of the meal, will be a good piece of roasted or broiled meat. A good ale to wash it all down will follow. If I get sick after that, so be it, but it will be worth it - I'd get sick just the same after anything else I would have eaten - so I may as well truly enjoy it to the max.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: