Sunday, July 22, 2007

A fine afternoon....

...for the birds and the bees as they whizzed by on their ways to do whatever it is they really do, with blue skies over head, a few lofty clouds floating by, a warm summer breeze under their wings, and the late day sunshine to guide them. Just enough breeze reaching now and then under the branches of the dogwood tree to fill the air with the voice of the wind chimes, a symphony of sorts when combined with the chirping of the sparrows and house finches, the cooing of the doves, the buzzing of the bees, and the rustling of the leaves above. Add to that the wafting aromas of finely grilled marinated steak, along with the ever so faint aromas of grilled octopus; then take in the site of a table laden with potato salad in vinegar and oil with cukes and onions, bean salad, cuke salad, asparagus spears and good drink; and maybe - just maybe - you begin to think it does not get much better than that. Yet it got better when I was joined by my wife Linda for a nice dinner for two, and I really thought it does not get much better than this, heck I thought it does not get better than this. Even though I still feel pretty miserable, am still somewhat ill from my continuing bout with bronchitis, even though I could barely taste most of the food because my sense of taste is off kilter from my illness, I knew it could not get much better than it was. Life is good sometimes, even when you are down and out, or ill, or grumpy, or sad, or blue, or rotten or whatever. You just have to look around you and take it in for what it is worth. I can tell you, even if some of the days in between were not so great, today was worth saying 'I do' some 21 plus years ago.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: