Friday, April 20, 2007

RANGE REPORT

Yes, like I said a few posts below, I have plans for this weekend, so I figured I would get some shooting in at the range before I got home from work on Friday evening. I shot up about 350 rounds of 9mm ammo through my one of my Beretta 92FS pistols. It is a real pleasure to shoot, as are any of my Berettas, past or present. I spent just about an hour, or a few minutes more, shooting; but it surely was exactly what I needed to end up my work week. It is amazing how punching holes in paper, and the concentration and physical coordination that goes along with it, is often very soothing. High mental concentration, breath control, muscular coordination, all amounting to stress control almost beyond belief. Certainly as good a stress reliever as moderate exercise, meditation, hypnosis, reading a good book; and much better than a stiff drink, watching television, or just vegetating.

Add to that that I was shooting better than anyone else at the range, and all I can say, even though I am not the greatest of shootists, is: Whoopee......

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: