Friday, February 2, 2007

Today is One of My Favorite Days...

...of each and every year. It is a day that signifies hope springs eternal that Spring will soon be sprung upon us, otherwise we will get satuck with 6 more weeks of winter. Heck even that is not too bad, only 6 weeks of winter left to go, then spring with the opening of trout season, some spring turkey hunting, the shad run up the Deleware, late spring bass fishing, hikes in the woods in upstate NY and other nice outdoors things in warmer weather.

All of that kind of makes me like those little fur balls that supposedly give us our next 6 weeks of weather predictions all on one morning in February. I hope they treat them nice after taking them out of their warn hibernariums to face the cold of ther 2nd day of february just to have a lot of whackos yell scream and take their pictures. Oh well, as I said they give us hope that winter will end, and of course that there will be some ground hogs around for hunting in the spring (heck I don't love em that much)! I think Ground Hogs' Day should be a national holiday, one that is purely an American holiday at that. I just love it.

Happy Ground Hogs' Day to all of you,
Glenn B

No comments: