Monday, December 25, 2006

My Own Merry Christmas To Me...

...or in other words the Christmas gifts I gave to myself.

This year I bought myself a few gifts while doing all of my othe shopping. About a week or so ago, I picked up a bottle of Glenfidich, 12 year old, single malt scotch; it came with two nice rocks glassses. I meant it as a gift for someone else at the time, then I found that person a better gift, so I kept it. Not a bad deal. The set cost the same as a bottle of it would have cost - without the glasses.

Then, a few days ago, I picked up a bottle of Jagermeister. It came in a "Pewter Shooter Pack" as per the box. Once again, a nice gift idea, but this one bought with myself in mind. The price of this one was the same as for a bottle of the stuff, without the pewter shot glass/stag's head bottle cover.
Then on Saturday, I bought myself a large Lava Lamp. If you don't know what is a Lava Lamp, well you are either too young, or old enough but not into the psychadelic scene (not that I ever was into it, I just liked the light).

Out of the three gifts, with which I exercised the liberty of self indulgence, I guess my favorite is the Pewter Shooter Pack from Jagermeister. The really neat thing about that is, I also got a bottle of Jagermeister from my sister and brother-in-law for a Christmas gift. I mean what could be better than one bottle but two.

Now allow me to enjoy the ambrosia of the hunt master.

If you have never indulged yourself during the Christmas season, or for your own birthday, or some other celebration - I suggest you give it a try. While being nice to others is nice, it is also a good thing to be nice to yourself now and then.

Merry Christmas and good night,
Glenn B

No comments: