Friday, September 8, 2006

Of Intruders, and No-Nonsense Nurses...

I figure I wrote enough about what I consider nonsense in my last blog, so I would give you a bit of a no nonsense story to sink your teeth into. Again from FoxNews.com comes an article, this one: Oregon ER Nurse Strangles Intruder With Bare Hands, see this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213022,00.html

It appears that the emergency room nurse came home from work only to find an armed intruder in her home. Now she could have performed some act of nonsense when she found this guy in her house such as: screaming and fainting, running away, hiding, begging the guy not to harm her and offering him all her money, calling 911 and waiting until after she may have been killed for them to arrive; but she did not do any of that despite the fact that the alleged bad guy was armed with a hammer.

Instead of doing something nonsensical, our brave nurse took action, and probably action that the alleged intruder never for a moment contemplated she would have taken. She took his neck into her bare hands and strangled him to death. If the facts are as reported, then GOOD FOR HER is what I say!

I also say good for Oregon, which reportedly has a law allowing reasonable force, including deadly force, to be used against intruders in folks' homes. Lest you think that the nurse made some sort of terrible bad judgment, allow me to point out, that according to the FoxNew.com article linked above, the alleged intruder "...had convictions including conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, robbery, drug charges and possession of burglary tools." Can you imagine that!

I feel better than I did before I read that article.

Good night all,
Glenn B

No comments: