Monday, September 25, 2006

First one nut calling president Buish the devil...

...now a nut of a different sort, but as far as I am concerned a nut nonetheless, apparently implying that Hillary Clinton is worse than the devil. This time instead of the insults coming from a foreign whack job, they come from someone who I am convinced in my personal opinion is a domestic one by the name of Jerry Falwell. As per this article: Jerry Falwell Says Hillary Clinton Could Fire Up Voters More Than the Devil Himself at Fox news>com @ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215439,00.html:

""I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell, a leading conservative evangelist, said, according to a tape recording of the Friday prayer breakfast attended by several hundred pastors and religious activists.

The recording, first reported in Sunday's Los Angeles Times, was confirmed by someone who attended the conference, but not the breakfast, and has heard the tape.

"I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," Falwell said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't.""

I have got to tell you, if Falwell's people would rather vote for Lucifer (if indeed there is such an entity, and I think they believe there is), or at least would not be compelled to vote for the candidate against whom Lucifer was riunning as much as they would be to vote for whomever ran against Mrs. Clinton, then I want no part of, what I believe to be, these religious weirdoes. What he is seemingly saying is that his constituency would be more compelled to vote Hillary's opposition than for Lucifer's opposition. Remeber that lucifer supposedly is the embodiment of pure evil for Christians. They would thus, as i see it according to his statement, prefer the ultimate evil over Mrs. Clinton.

My guess has to be that either they really do not believe in Lucifer as the embodiment of the ultimate evil, and therefore are not true to their own religious teachings, or they are just full of unfathomable hatred toward Senator Clinton, or Falwell is just spouting off more of his, seemingly to me, crazy rhetoric. The scary thing is that plenty of people who follow him probably do truly believe Satan (aka: Lucifer) is the embodiment of pure evil; and they would somehow prefer that than Hillary Clinton.

Maybe I am too middle of the road, but if there truly is a Lucifer, and if I truly had the option of voting for Hillary Clinton versusr McCain, as opposed to Lucifer versus McCain, or even Lucifer versus Clinton, as my only choices in an election - I would just abstain from voting. I cannot see myself ever voting for her, nor for a guy like McCain, nor could I ever see myself ever voting for pure evil, not even by way of over zealous use of hyperbole. I think that Jerry Falwell ought to be ashamed of himself, as ashamed of himself as Hugo Chavez should feel.

Of course, if the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan was to appear on the ballot, he would get my vote in a heartbeat. Realistically speaking, I can only hope Tancredo somehows comes in as the longshot.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: