Monday, September 9, 2013

What Is Your Every Day Carry Knife?

I almost always carry at least two knives on my person. One of them is a Victorinox Huntsman. It is a multi-purpose utility tool that includes two knife blades, saw, scissors, can opener, bottle opener, cork screw knife and other tools. It comes in handy for a variety of jobs. I have never had a better utility knife.


No this is not my actual knife, it is a stock
 photo but is the same as the one I carry.
The other knife that I carry, on a daily basis, is a Buck 110 Folding Hunter. It is also a good utility knife although it has only a single knife blade and none of the extras of the Victorinox Huntsman. Yet, it would quite possibly be the better survival knife as it has a much stronger main blade and beside being used for utility functions, it can be used as a self defense weapon quite effectively. Yeah, any knife could be use din self defense but a locking folding knife is better than some like the Victorinox Huntsman at that type of a task.


Yes, this is the actual Buck 110
Folding Hunter that I carry.
I also carry a fixed blade knife now and again. A fixed blade knife is much more suitable as a survival knife across all of the survival situations one could imagine but maybe not as practical to carry in a fairly urban situation. It is stronger than a folder and just easier to quickly grasp and bring into play but not quite as concealable. Overall though, a fixed blade is the preferable knife for me. Yet, my daily carry knives are pictured above. 

By the way, I hope you carry a knife every day and that goes whether or not you carry a gun. If you are foolish not to carry the most basic of all tools/weapons, you probably deserve whatever befalls you because you were stupid enough not have one and to know how to use it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: