Friday, June 17, 2011
I am leaving for an NRA training class this weekend and returning next Friday or Saturday. The one way trip for me from home to my hotel (which is several miles from the range where the training will be given) is approximately 114 miles dependent upon the route I take (I used the average mileage from three different routes I found on MapQuest). The person who guesses closest to the actual mileage I travel, as per my calculations based upon my odometer readings for my whole trip, will win a magazine for a Colt 1911 type pistol. By my whole trip, I do mean every mile I drive going there, every mile I drive while there during the training days, every mile I drive coming back home and any side trips I make while away for the training.
In order to participate you must agree to, and abide by, the following rules:
1. To enter you must leave a comment in the comments section for this blog post stating the number of miles you think I will have traveled by the end of my trip; your entry can be received from any time after I publish this post until I return home from this trip alive and well, probably Friday July 1st or Saturday July 2nd. The winner will be the person who guesses closest to my actual total trip mileage without going over, you must guess in whole miles only please. In the event of a tie, I randomly will choose one winner from among those who tied. (If you follow my blog, you may get some hints as the trip goes by; in fact there may, or may not, have been hints in previous posts already.)
2. You must be 21 years old or older to enter the contest; your entry into the contest is your affirmation that you are 21 years old or older. I may require you to send me a copy of your driver's license.
3. You must be either a U.S. Citizen and or a legal resident alien of the United States of America; your entry into the contest is your affirmation of this requirement.
4. You must be legally eligible to receive and possess pistol magazines (the capacity of this mag is 8 rounds) at your place of residence. By your entry into the contest, you affirm that you are certifying to me that you are not a convicted felon, that there are no criminal charges currently pending against you, that you have never been convicted of a crime of domestic violence and that you are not a convicted sex offender and that you may legally receive and possess the described pistol magazine.
5. You must reside in one of the lower 48 states of of the USA. I will not ship this item overseas, nor to Alaska or Hawaii nor to foreign.
6. Your address must be a physical address for your legal residence, I will not knowingly ship this to a post office box or to a business (and it should go without saying but I am going to say it - nor to someplace like a jail or prison).
7. The winner will be announced on or about Sunday July 3rd (be patient if I take longer) in the comment section.
8. The winner will have to supply me with a valid name, age, and address for shipping. (I will pay for shipping.)
9. In the event I ship the prize to the winner and it is lost or damaged in shipping - tough noogies - as the winner you agree you have no remedy.
10. I or my heirs may for any reason or whim, at any time, cancel this competition without awarding the prize.
Here is a brief video of my Blue Tailed Newts courting/mating. If they laid eggs, then chances are the eggs were eaten by their tank mates consisting of at least 1/2 dozen ghost shrimp, a few other blue tailed newts, 2 Paradise Fish and several Green Aeneus Catfish. If they are still in mating mode, when I get home after my trip for the NRA Instructor class that I am taking next week, then I'll have to segregate them in their own tank and see if the female lays eggs. If so, I imagine I'll have a regular nursery on my hands in no time with the Corn Snake eggs and Hermann's Tortoise eggs I already have in the incubator.
All the best,
All the best,