Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Great Galloping Gobs of Gasoline

I don't know what triggered it but the gas station right across the street from my apartment complex raised the price of a gallon of gas by 0.13 cents per gallon today. Yesterday it was $2.179 (effectively $2,.18) per gallon - today the price is 2.309 (effectively $2.31) per gallon. Now, for my Toyota Corolla that means about $135.oo more per year if it stays there and if I by jst about two full tanks per week. I can't imagine what that means for a large SUV or pick-up truck.

What is Hades made the price jump that much overnight is beyond me; suppose I should check the news and see if Saudi Arabia had some wells bombed again. Then again, I just saw gas for $2.099 at Murphy's and I topped off my tank just in case theirs goes up as well.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

jefferson101 said...

Meh. Gas up here about 35 miles north of you is running $2.27 at Murphy this evening. I can deal with that.

Way back in the day, I started budgeting $20/week for gas, when it was going for about $0.80 or so per gallon. I've seldom broke the budget since then. I put 6.5 gallons in my Ranger Sunday, which was a week's usage.

As noted. I've never used any more money for gas than I did in the early 1980's. and as a portion of my income? It's way down from the high back then. I don't sweat anything more than a half-buck a gallon or so.

Bob said...

Back in July or August I was going to gas up and get something to eat. The gas station was across the street from the eatery. In the time it took me to eat, less than 1/2 hour, the price of gas went up 9 cents.