Sunday, December 3, 2017

It Followed Me Home From The Gun Auction...

...really it did and it stuck to me like green on the Grinch (which is better than it having been stuck in me).
 


 
It's a heavy duty fillet knife (you probably could fillet dragons with this one, small dragons anyhow). It has a 440C stainless steel blade, green Micarta handle and is 13" overall with a blade length of 8". A Kevin Johnson creation. Kevin Johnson was formerly of DNZ Trading Company but seemingly is now using the company name of Kuzach Knives LLC and a DKZ logo now instead of DNZ. I must say, I got an excellent price on it, much-much lower than the current sale price of $106.25. That makes me a happy camper or fisherman or butcher of dragons.
 
All the best,
GB
 

2 comments:

pigpen51 said...

I worked in a steel making factory, for 35 years. We made a LOT of 440C stainless, among dozens of others, of course. Even when you spilled it on the floor, if you got a thin piece, it could be sharper than heck. I remember a guy cut himself pretty bad once on a piece of scrap that come back from a customer. It was some kind of food service equipment knife blade, like from a machine for cutting dough or something. Actually, the man was from Vietnam, who had trained to be a helicopter pilot, but escaped at the end of the war to make it to America. He works in the Lab there now. He is a perfect picture of the American dream, a truly decent person, with an All American Family. I just have many memories that come back when ever someone mentions various types of steel. That is a beautiful knife you got, and it looks like you got a great deal. Congratulations.

Glenn B said...

Wound up putting it into our Christmas Eve Yankee swap game. My son won it. That was quite the coincidence since had I not decided to put it into the swap, he would have been gifted it anyway.