Friday, October 27, 2017

Borescopes - A Little Help Please

I have been looking into picking up an inexpensive borescope to be able to examine and get clear photos of the bores of my firearms. I am pretty much clueless in some regards when it comes to them and one thing that confounds me is most seem to have a head diameter that is too wide to fit down many bores. For example, I was looking into one with some good recommendations, the Giraffe 3.0 borescope but when I read its specs they said the head diameter was 8.5mm. Way too big to run through bores like 22, 25, 32, 308, 7.62x39mm and so on. 

If any of my readers can clue me in to a borescope that can run through a 22 caliber bore, works on Android and Windows 10, has USB adapters for both, is of decent quality and is inexpensive - please let me know.

Thanks,
Glenn B


4 comments:

B said...

Pretty much you only get 'em in 6mm or larger.

Never seen one in 5mm

I think it has to do with the lens diameter and light gathering.

Glenn B said...

Found a few in 5.5mm. I probably wil just buy a cheapo that I can plug into and use with my phone.

Glenn B said...

Found a few in 5.5mm. I probably wil just buy a cheapo that I can plug into and use with my phone.

Glenn B said...

Ordered two cheapies from Amazon. Getting them both for points otherwise I probably would not even consider Amazon. Anyway, I will try out both and let you all know how they did.