Friday, September 15, 2017

My Absolute Favorite Album

Yeah, I know, I've posted this before and now I am posting it again. I think that the best album I have ever heard is Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath. To me, a guy who loves things like the music of The Talking Heads, Jefferson Airplane, Traffic, Hot Tuna, Simon & Garfunkel, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Ten Years After,  Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead and Vivaldi's The Four Seasons (probably the second best musical work I have ever had the pleasure to have had pass through my ears) - there is nothing better than the premiere album of Black Sabbath!

It was my great honor to be able to see Black Sabbath in their final tour last year at Jones Beach, NY. It was an honor because I saw them accompanied by my son Brendan. The honor was that he loved music that I had turned him onto when he was in high school and that at 26 1/2 years old he would still hang out with his old man at a concert! A good son is he.

Anyway, here is that album, for your listening pleasure:




26:36 is where the best part begins and it ends at 37:41 - my favorite part anyway. Then again, you need to listen to the whole album to truly appreciate it.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

taminator013 said...

Still one of my favorites, too. I remember hearing the title track for the first time at the tender age of 16. All my friends pretty much tuned into the AM pop stations back in the day, but I started listening to two local fledgling FM underground/album rock stations in the late sixties. Great stuff like Spirit's "Fresh Garbage" and "Nature's Way". Iron Butterfly's "You Can't Win" and "Iron Butterfly Theme". Mothers of Invention. Ultimate Spinach. Atomic Rooster. Spooky Tooth. The long version of "Sky Pilot". You get the idea. Then one day I was lounging around listening to "KQV-FM (now WDVE) and was exposed to "Black Sabbath" for the first time. The intro literally made my hair stand on end. It still gives me chills to this day. I ran right out looking for a copy of the album. I think that I burned up half a tank before I found a store that had it. If I ever decide to liquidate most of my vinyl collection that would be one of the albums that I would keep along with Alice Cooper "Love It To Death" with the infamous thumb cover................