Wednesday, September 2, 2015

KTKC Day 2 - A Day In The Life Of A Kilted Glenn B

Today was pretty much an ordinary day for me except for the fact that once again I went out in the  real world wearing a kilt - my only kilt (although UT Kilts already has shipped one I ordered yesterday, so another is due here soon). The first thing I did when I left my house today was to go to the dentist. My wife works there as a dental assistant and I although I had told her I would be kilted virtually everywhere this month, I think she was surprised to see me with it on in the dentist's office. The dentist slammed me as son as she saw me asking why I was wearing a skirt, if I was crazy, if she could light a match and throw it underneath to start a fire (to which I replied she had already set fire down there) and that she was going to hit me down there with a shot of Novocain. Yes, she loves me almost as much as my own wife does so.

Anyway, I explained the deal to her ad she said I was crazy to have bought kilts because I could have just donated that money - so what good was it doing! That was a fact which never had dawned on my wife and she got a little miffed that the kilts were not supplied for free and I had to pay for my kilty attire. I explained that instead of my regular donations to the fundraiser, I had bought the kilts and some other stuff in the hopes I could entice others to donate and thus wind up having more of an effect than if I just donated my two cents worth (believe me my past donations were much higher than that) to the fundraiser. So far I have been proven wrong, Team Glenn B has only brought in $50 to date and the team in first place has over 1K in donations already. I guess I need to do a mass emailing to blegg for donations. For now, allow me to repost the donation link:  http://www.kiltedtokickcancer.org/product/ktkc-donation-2015/ and please remember to mark off the team through which you want to donate (hint: my team is Team Glenn B).

Anyway, after that I went home for a bit and then was met there by my good buddy Pete A. We headed to the hospital to see a relative of mine, and former coworker of both of us, who had a heart attack, a really serious set of them but who made it through the worst of it. We spent some time there, me wearing my kilt. The deal was explained fully while there.

KTKC Day 2 Photo. Dunking Donuts might not have been the best place
for me to stop for a snack but I assure I have been working out lately
and I have lost a few pounds in the process over the past month.
I should be almost svelte in a month of three, hopefully anyhow.

Then we were off to get a bite to eat and somehow, one of us (who shall remain nameless) decided on Hooters. We had a few appetizers and I had two ales. Pete opted for water because he was driving. Then it was back toward my house but we too a brief detour to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and a donut. As can be seen above, that is where KTKC Pic 3 of me was taken.

A few brief observations: riding in the car with AC on and blowing up the kilt is quite refreshing. Likewise for riding with the window open later when it cooled down some. Walking around with the family jewels dangling also was rather comfortable and made me wonder how it was, and why on earth, someone ever created tighty whities.

That is all for now.

All the best,
Glenn  B