Monday, June 15, 2015

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished & Maybe No Stupid One Unrewarded...

...after all drunks survive accidents in which they kill others, assholes seem to be the winners all to often, scumbags often wind up at the top and on and on all the way down to normal Joes and Janes just doing it wrong out of ignorance and yet winning big.

As for no stupid deed going unrewarded, take for example the case of Christian Pham (not that I am saying he is any of those nasty types I mentioned above) who was a player in the Las Vegas World Series of Poker. He paid his entry fee and sat down to play no limit Texas Holdem. Much to his surprise though he was dealt five cards and immediately knew something was wrong because in Texas Holdem he would have been dealt two to begin with.

It wound up that he had inadvertently made a stupid mistake and had registered for Low Ball. Low Ball, as I am well aware, is a very different game than any other poker game (at least that I have ever played);,it takes a sort of a different mindset to win because you goal is to have the worst possible hand to win. Well, despite supposedly never having played before, Mr. Pham wound up beating 219 other players and winning over $80K and a tournament winner's gold bracelet. More here.

I should make such stupid mistakes and wind up having the same luck! I guess I can at least look at it this way, after all of my stupid mistakes to date, at least I am not dead yet and perhaps that is a kind of reward, I suppose.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: