Monday, May 26, 2014

It's Kind Of Hard To Say - Happy Memorial Day...

...not because I am anti-military and not because I am a bad American (I am neither) but because this day is the one on which we are supposed to honor they who gave their lives in military service while defending our great nation. How can you easily look someone in the eye and tell them to have a happy day when they lost someone and today is the day to remember them? It is a tricky thing because the tears may flow as old wounds are brought to memory.

Nonetheless, I wish all of you a happy Memorial Day as I ponder what life would have been like had those who have fallen in our defense not made the ultimate sacrifice. While it does not in any way make me happy that they are gone from among us, I think we all can be happy that they were so courageous and patriotic to have defended us and that we live essentially as a free nation because of them. Take some time today to think about them and to honor them - we owe them our lives.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: