Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Finally Got In Some Gun Cleaning

Without a working television, last night, I got in a decent amount of gun cleaning. I gave a good cleaning to one of my Beretta 92FS pistols and to: two (2) Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifles, my (or my son's, since I bought it for him to shoot as a youngster) Armscor 14Y, my Winchester Model 37 (shotgun) and my Remington 870. I also wound up cleaning 41 pistol magazines and 5 rifle mags. The only other gun I had out but that did not get cleaned was my S&W model 17 revolver, that will have to wait until next time. A job well done but it still leaves me an awful lot of seasonal maintenance in the form of checking and cleaning the rest of my firearms and magazines but at least I have gotten it started.


I will say it was a mess but one that I kind of enjoy even though there is not quite the same atmosphere as when I used to use Hoppe's No. 9 gun cleaning solvent. I use Gunzilla now and it does not have the aroma of Hoppe's but it seemingly gets the job done better. Still, it was an enjoyable and peaceful task, one that always gives me a sense of satisfaction after doing it well. Could be that the sense of satisfaction was helped by the reward I gave myself once finished - a couple of cold ales.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: