Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Repaired HP Laptop Arrived Today

I received it, on the street, truck side, from the FedEx delivery man, whom I had just missed at my house. I was driving down the street and saw a FedEx truck turn off of my block onto the road I was on. I went around the corner to see a FedEx delivery attempt notice stuck on my front door. I hung a u-turn and pursued the FedEx truck in the blind as it was nowhere to be seen. Luckily, I made a turn and it wound up being the same way he had turned. I found him a few blocks from my home. I asked if I could get the package from him and immediately showed him my driver's license for identification. No problem, I signed for it, brought it home and am now typing on it.

The best I can make out from the less than very informative paperwork that was enclosed with the computer was that HP changed a hard drive cable, some other unidentified cable and upgraded the BIOS. I guess it was not the hard drive, that was faulty, after all. I ran a systems diagnostic Tune Up test which runs most of the available tests at start-up and all passed, including the previously failed Hard Drive Long DST test. Funny, HP techs stated to run that test yesterday, then cancelled it, so I am wondering how they knew they has solved the problem! They also seemed to have fixed the problem with the graphics controller, maybe that was solved when they changed the hard drive cable or maybe they did something else they did not list on the paperwork. Oh well, seems to be working better but not completely right yet. It may have to go back again if they cannot solve the problems that happen when I attach an use a mouse, any mouse - I have tried 3 or 4 now and they all have problems when attached. I guess another call to HP tech service is in order.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: