Saturday, March 30, 2013

Russian Ammo and American Mags - Hallelujah

I had kind of sworn off of buying any additional ammunition for the time being and I did that weeks if not well over a month ago. I figured there would be no more of it in stock, for me to buy online, before the NY SAFE Act deadline of April 15th that kills all Internet sales of ammo to New Yorkers and it is just too expensive in stores around here. Well, low and behold, several hours ago, I received an email from the Sportsmansguide about a tin of Russian manufactured TulAmmo brand 7.62x39mm ammo, that I had put on back-order. The email was to tell me that my order had shipped. So another 640 rounds of it is headed my way.

That came as a surprise to me because I had forgotten I had placed a back-order. In fact, I had made the order a good long while ago, on December 19, 2012, as in three and a half months ago. What foresight, my order was placed before the SAFE Act was even thought up!

I also recently purchased 30, ten round, Tapco polymer AK magazines, made in the USA, while still legal here. I figure that even if the SAFE Act is repealed or amended to allow higher cap magazines, I will be able to use these at the range for fun and keep the wear and tear off of my higher cap mags. I still can legally possess, but not use to shoot, those mags here in NY until next year. They will be long out of NY state and in storage elsewhere, and legally so, before then.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: