Thursday, March 21, 2013

Going To See Willie...

...Nelson on June 7th, the night before my daughter gets hitched. Brendan is coming with me. I picked up two early sale tickets today for the show at NYCB Theater at Westbury. I saw him once back in about 1977 or so, in NM, in a place called the Palomino Club (or something like that) and did not even know who was playing at first. That was great, I was passing through some town in New Mexico, on my way to NY, and stopped in there for a beer. Almost got my butt kicked, by a gorilla in a Hoss Cartwright 10 gallon hat, because of the length of my hair and my beard, but had some cowboy hat wearing bouncers protect my skinny arse and then got to enjoy the show and had quite a few beers while at it.

Then, I saw him in NYC a few years ago, after he had canceled a tour stop somewhere in PA and changed it to New York Shitty. I bought a ticket online, and went to the show straight from my office. That was one of the best musical performances I have ever seen. I am hoping that the upcoming one will be good and that the seats I was able to get are likewise. They are in a section behind the orchestra pit, row E seats - and -. I am guessing they ought to be good seats.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: