Tuesday, August 21, 2012

They Say "A Man Works From Sun To Sun But...

...A Woman's Work Is Never Done." Well, if that is true then just start calling me Mrs. instead of Mister. Man, have I been busy with dishes, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning up toilets, letting the dogs out (thus more cleaning up toilets) mowing the lawn, tending the vegetable garden, vacuuming, prepping and gun cleaning. Now really, while I do all those things, I have not been all that busy. I tend to be the lazy type but I have been cleaning guns a lot lately. With me having to work three days this week, I guess it is making gun cleaning seem like more of a chore than usual because it is harder to fit it in.

For instance, I cleaned my Ruger Mark II and my Romanian WASR AK-47 today. The Ruger took all of 8 to 10 minutes. I actually remembered how to take it down and put it back together without looking at the manual, probably for the first time ever. Perhaps me having made a couple of videos, in the past couple of days, on how to disassemble and reassemble it finally had it sink into my little gray cells. Te AK probably took me about 45 minutes. I gave it a thorough cleaning except for the trigger group which I do not always remove for cleaning. When I got the AK reassembled, I did a function check, rested it on my lap a second and what seemed like a flow of puppy pee came out of it. I actually took it apart to see if somehow I had left a cleaning patch soaked in Gunziilla inside the gas tube or not. nope, nothing in there, I must have just soaked it too much, did not think I had done so, but got wet enough to convince me that is just what I had done.

Just my luck, that meant more cleaning. I had to throw those pants and my shirt into the washer, need the pants tomnorrow for work, so I grabbed whatever other colored wash was lying around in the hamper, and on the floor in my son's room, and threw it all in the washer. Seems the wash day is never done and if I figured it out right I have been working more than sun to sun. Did I happen to mention, you can just start calling me Mrs. instead of Mister! Gotta go, I have to feed the puppy and then let the dogs out before I head to work.


All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: