Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Son and The Military

Brendan took a physical yesterday. He ran 3 miles in about 24 minutes, did 10 chin-ups in an unknown amount of time, and did 40 sit-ups in 2 minutes. He has passed the preliminary physical fitness test for the United States Marine Corps. He has been thinking about joining up for sometime now. Showing some initiative, foresight and smarts, he is trying to get selected for Officers' Candidate School. He told me he has not signed anything yet and I asked him to also consider the Navy, Army and maybe even the Air Force. I am not too sure he will give any of those others serious consideration as he has had his sights set on the Marine Corps for quite the while now but I figured I had at least best remind him of his options.

I asked him, that if he is going to sign up, he does not do so until at least after we get the chance to take a road trip together once he graduates from college this spring. I just thought that one more of those together before he goes off out into the world by himself would be wonderful. He agreed that sounded like a great idea.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Humble wife said...

Well good job!! It is always good to have options!

I think those that are set on Marines are Marines. My third is considering Marines, so we will wait and see.

I am counting on photos of this trip on the blog...so plan a good one!!

Jennifer

agirlandhergun said...

Congrats to him for his achievements!

I am a bit partial to Marines, but whatever he decides, I am thankful for his willingness to serve.