Monday, September 5, 2011

Is There Life After Cancer Treatment - I Am Planning A Hunting Trip...

...that should take place a couple to a few weeks after my therapy concludes. I may wind up being in a terribly dilapidated state when mid November rolls round but I am determined that I will go hunting with my son in November! So, I just finished making the hotel reservations in, of all places, one with the name of Horseheads, NY. Maybe even better than the name Horseheads is the name of the state forest in which I am planning to set up the hunt - Ketchumville State Forest. You see, a long time ago, when the Comminsky sisters, Stella and Agnes (real life versions of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies) still lived on the farm, that my uncle had bought from them, they used to ask me if I was going out to catch a deer. It just seems right to be hunting in a state forest called Ketchumville because we sure do intend to ketch one or two of um!

I am going to plan this to the hilt during my therapy. It will be something to which I and my son can look forward. Hopefully I will be in good enough condition to pull it all off and to drag a deer or two out of the woods.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

Hey Glenn...

I wrote a post about you tonight.

Funny how blogging has changed the world.

All the best...for you!
Jen